Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcoming Winter

Now that it's basically Winter, I wanted to get in the spirit of the season with some Winter-y food so I opened up a cookbook and tried to find something easy.  I decided to go with cremini mushroom dumplings.  All I did was sautee chopped mushrooms, garlic, and scallions and then mixed it with cream cheese, salt, and pepper.  That was stuffed into some wonton wrappers and plopped into boiling water for about three minutes.  I set them afloat in a broth-y soup I already had in the house to make it a full dish.  I was able to make the whole thing during the first two Gossip Girl commercial breaks, which means it had to be pretty simple.  Few things feel more like Winter than soup, so I consider this mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails