Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tilapia Tuesday

I am exhausted just thinking about how busy I have been/am for the next week and a half.  You've read about most of the running around I've been doing, but little do you know that my life is even crazier for the next two weeks.  Since I actually had an evening free to myself, I decided I needed to make the most of it by preparing a nice, home-cooked meal.  I love eating out, but I need to do a little cooking of my own to stay sane.

I started with a salad of butter lettuce with pear, stilton, pancetta, and an orange champagne vinaigrette.  It was simple but delicious - a classic combination of flavors.  I followed that up with fried tilapia (with orange/ginger seasoning) and mushroom risotto (from Trader Joe's).  The fish fried up perfectly and had a pleasant zing thanks to the orange zest and ginger in the coating.  It was so nice to get back into the kitchen.  I'll be eating at a lot at work events leading up to Thanksgiving, so I'm glad this meal came out well - it'll have to satiate my cooking desires for a while.

I followed it all up with a dessert of Skittles.  After preparing a meal like that, I shouldn't be penalized for not coming up with a dessert, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails