Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gleecap: Diva-meter - 11/16 Episode

So once again, I'm a week late in the recap department, but I think the Holidays make everything a little wacky.  Here we go:
  • Holly Holiday?  The cheesiness of that name earns it a -1
  • Sue wants to turn Will's hair into a full length shearling coat for only the most fashionable of premature babies.  +2 because it's so good to have the hair jokes back.
  • I could not help but wonder how all the water was contained on the stage in the last number.  Not a terrible mashup, but those were some serious special effects for high schoolers so I give it a -1.
  • Gwyneth's acting was good (sister's won an Oscar so I wasn't surprised that her portrayal of the wacky people-pleasing sub that every student loves was on the mark) but a singer she's not.  Though much better than anticipated, it was pretty clear she was only on the show to convince people she is a good enough singer to play one in a new movie that's "coincidentally" opening around now.  Throw her a bone with a song, not four of them.  I didn't hate her, but there's no way she can compete with the powerhouse guest stars of Glees past (i.e.: Kristen Chenowith). -1
  • The rest of the songs were pretty irrelevant to the plot.  -1
  • Brittany confuses M and N... +1 because I can see how that can happen.
  • +1 for the name of Cameo, Gwyneth Paltrow's former problem student.
  • Does anyone else think Kurt is going to fall in love with Blaine and get hurt/rejected?  No points, just thinking about it...
Total --> 0 making this the diva equivalent of...well...Gwyneth Paltrow.  Still a diva, but not the triple threat we have come to love on this show.  I know everyone loved Gwyneth and this episode in general, so my recap may be a bit of a disappointment, but I just didn't think (mostly due to song choice) that this was the best we've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails