Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Marathon Madness

Yesterday was one of those great days to be a New Yorker - it was Marathon Sunday!  The New York City Marathon is a great way for runners to test their endurance and a great way for the rest of us to cheer them on and drink.

We started with mimosas at my apartment and then headed to Sessions 73 to join about a million other 20-somethings who were drinking and pretending to watch the race.  Since my old apartment was on 73rd (and my new one is just about 10 blocks away), I am very familiar with Sessions.  I am most accustomed to going there late night to dance drunkenly to live music; but on race day, the vibe is much crazier.  It gets PACKED.  Shoulder to shoulder, sloppy drunks in droves, and I loved every minute of it...until I realized I couldn't move and I was sufficiently tipsy for a Sunday afternoon so we headed back to the apartment for naptime.

I know it may be tempting to go crazy on Saturday night and sleep the day away on Sunday.  For one weekend a year, though, I recommend taking it easy on Saturday night so you can wake up and enjoy the Marathon and all the fun that comes with it.
Not my best picture, but it's the only one I took
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails