Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

We Met at Kitchenette

I met Susan for lunch today so we could discuss the baby shower we're planning for Jen.  Of course, most people don't take random Thursdays off like me, so I met her in TriBeCa near her office.  Since I am completely unfamiliar with the area, I had her pick the place and she chose the perfect spot with Kitchenette.

First of all, it's adorable.  All the tables are made from old doors that have been painted bright colors.  The whole place was cheery with antiques adorning the walls and tiny black and white tiles coating the floor.  The look may be girly, but there is something for everyone on the menu.

There are burgers, a huge list of sandwiches, and comfort food like biscuits and meatloaf.  I ordered the tandoori chicken salad which was a plate of greens topped with tomato, cucumber, lentils, nicely spiced chicken, and a tangy yogurt dressing.  I couldn't resist adding a side of mac and cheese to my order.  Although it cancelled out my very healthy salad, I needed some comfort food to warm me up in today's dreary weather.

I know it will be rare that I trek down to Kitchenette from the UES - it's good but I don't know if it's that special.  But it really made me wish I had a place like this right near my apartment.  It would be the perfect go-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails