Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tempura Treat

Today, someone brought sushi from Toyama to the office for lunch and I filled my plate up with sashimi, tuna rolls, and dumplings.  It was good but nothing to blog home about.  (See what I did there?  I took an old-school phrase and updated it for the 21st techy century.)  The dessert, on the other hand, was something to try.  Tempura cheesecake.  Others turned up their noses at the decadent dish, but I was intrigued and couldn't walk away without tasting it.

Though cheesecake is not my fave, I was baited by the tempura casing.  I'm Southern.  Fried is a food group to me.  This is something that should probably be on This Is Why You're Fat, which of course only made me want to try it all the more.

Between delivery and waiting until lunch was over to try it, the tempura shell was a little soggy, but you could still tell it was good.  I mean, it's not like it kept me from eating it.  When it comes to unnecessarily fried desserts, I'm partial to Oreos, but if you like cheesecake, try this.

Speaking of cheesecake, Juniors, the famous cheesecake store will be selling $0.60 slices tomorrow in honor of their 60th anniversary, in case you're interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails