Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Laughter and Lega Tibs

My brother was in town this weekend!  Mark and Allison arrived in NYC Thursday night but, lucky for me, work decided to pick this time to pick up and get busy.  I met up with them along with Matt, Jen, Greg, and Susan for a comedy show at the Comedy Cellar in the West Village.  I highly recommend comedy shows.  For a two drink minimum you get two hours of laughter.  Not everyone feels the need to pay to laugh, but I was laughing a lot so I figured it was worth it.  Even some of the smaller comedy shows draw super big name comedians, and you may be lucky enough for one of them to pick on you during their act.

After the show, we walked across the street to Meskerem for some Ethiopian cuisine.  I'm not sure if it was the taste of the food or the fact that I just love eating with my hands, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.  I ordered lamb marinated in rosemary, onions, and peppers, which was served over a spongy flatbread with two sauces.  One of the best things about living in New York is having all types of ethnic cuisine at your fingertips.  My meal was different, tasty, and fun because it was easy to share around the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails