Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Soup Truck - Day 2

Still electrified about the Restaurant Week soup truck, I walked in the rain to grab a cup of Chilled Edamame soup from Megu.  I was excited because I've heard good things about Megu but sadly, the soup left me wanting.  It was watery with mini [soggy] bread cubes floating on top.  It looked like a mint green hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.  In fact, it had the same consistency and level of sweetness as hot chocolate, too.

Don't get me wrong, it had good flavor, but there's only so much sweet soup I can handle.  It's very hard to make a meal out of it.  It was very one note, needed to be thicker, and could have used a little spice or crunch.  Thankfully, I had brought a chipotle chicken salad sandwich from home.  I had intended to eat both as a soup and sandwich combo, but the sammie ended up taking center stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails