Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Foursquare Four Life

In new news, I just joined Foursquare.  I was very anti until I read on the Pinkberry website (yes, I was on the Pinkberry website) that you can get coupons if you're on Foursquare.  It's amazing how quickly hatred can turn to love when discounted Pinkberry is involved.

Now that I'm on, I'm turning into a little Foursquare fiend.  If you're unfamiliar, Foursquare is a social networking program that allows you to "check in" to whatever place your at (bar, restaurant, office, street lamp, etc) and let your friends know where you are (or not if that feels too Big Brother for you).

The more you check in, the more points and badges you accumulate, to the point where you can become Mayor of a destination.  Basically, it's a big game, and I love games.  More pointedly, I love winning games.

Now that Foursquare is one of the social networking biggies, I'm interested in seeing how advertising will evolve around it and just how long it will remain cool.  I'm still a Twitter holdout, but I'm pretty proud at how well I'm embracing technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails