Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Nuts About Norma's

My coworkers and I decided to take full advantage of the lazy Friday by heading to one of my favorite spots during our lunch break.  Norma's is located in Le Parker Meridian hotel and is sadly open for breakfast/lunch/brunch only.  Let's break it down:
  • Food: Delicious
  • Presentation: Gorgeous
  • Portions: Huge
Everything on the menu looked good - from the waffles to the magic mushroom grilled cheese - but decisions had to be made.  The complimentary smoothie shot is also a great way to start any meal, but then it was on to bigger and better things. We shared the rich and creamy lobster mac as an appetizer and then I ordered the artichoked benedict for my entrée which was a jumbo plate of poached eggs served over artichoke hearts (instead of the english muffin) on top of potatoes and porcini mushrooms and a rich sauce.  It was amazing but I felt like the plate grew as I ate.  I barely put a dent in it.  Lauren got some yummy looking papaya mango brown butter cinnamon crepes, Serie got crabcakes, Emily ordered a monte cristo, and the other Emily had the seared tuna cobb. 

The only complaint I heard was that our tight (but cute) outfits restricted how much of the ginormous plates of food we were able to eat.  Bummer.  So sorry I didn't take pictures - I should not deprive you readers like that.  Double bummer.  Don't expect a loud, crazy brunch, but the food is great and it's very light and airy inside (think: all white with a single fresh flower on each table), which is why I suggest bringing your parents here for brunch next time they're in town.  They'll love it as long as you avoid the $1,000 caviar frittata. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails