Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome Back, Restaurant Week

Today marks the beginning of 2010 Summer Restaurant Week and I couldn't be more excited (or as Chandler Bing would say, "Could I be any more excited?!").  I already have a dinner reservation set for next week, so you'll hear about that later, but more important right now is that today brought the return of the Restaurant Week Soup Truck - yippee!

All of today's soups looked great, but I went with db Bistro Moderne's chilled corn soup with corn and chanterelle fricassee and oil drizzle with a side of flatbread.  It was sweet and even though it was cream based, it was still refreshing on this warm summer day.  I only wish there were a few more chanterelles and maybe a dash of pepper.  That little taste definitely made me want to check out the full restaurant.

Can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails