Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Market, Milly, and a Movie

I got to a late start tonight since I was up til all hours last night (starting at The Smith, which makes a pretty solid but pricey lobster roll on Fridays, fyi).  After sleeping in and relaxing, I decided it was time to make something of the day.

I started by hitting up a flea market in my neighborhood that I never knew existed until reading about it in this week's issue of Time Out.  If you're into good bargains, head to 67th between 1st and York because there you will find amazing jewelry, among other things.  I'm not just talking about fun costume pieces.  There's a supreme stash of estate jewelry sold by none other than Rosalind Harris who played the eldest daughter in Fiddler on the Roof.  She was actually really nice and has a wonderful collection.  Stop on by for a brush of semi-stardom or simply for the flea market finds.

Next it was off to run an errand or two, but I was distracted by INA, a designer consignment store.  They have four locations around the city, and if the UES branch is any indication, all are stocked with amazing designer deals.  I'm talking Louboutins at nearly 70% off.  I walked away with a cute, mod Milly dress in perfect condition for $88.

I had some time to kill and a free movie ticket in my purse so I thought, "why not?"  Final thought on Cyrus: actually, I'm not sure what my final thought on that movie is.  The acting was good (love Marisa Tomei), but it was a small budget, Sundance film, and it definitely had that feel.  I thought it was cute, but it's weird watching the guys from Talladega Nights and Superbad and not see that kind of humor.

Now it's time to finish getting ready for what I'm sure will be another fabulous night in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails