Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Halibut in a Hurry

Now that I'm back from my vacation, it's time to re-acquaint myself to normal life.  Back to the real world.  I figured the best way to drag myself out of vacay mode was to prepare myself a home-cooked meal for dinner tonight.  I had halibut but didn't quite know what to do with it.  While I was picking up a few ingredients at the bodega, I decided to get a little adventurous.  I grabbed some coconut milk, bamboo shoots, a red bell pepper, onion, and asparagus.  When I got home, I mixed it with some red pepper and curry powder and voila!  A new (to me) dish was born!  I'll need to play with the quantities a bit, but it was definitely a good start.  The halibut was substantial, but the dish still felt light.  I served it over rice and was definitely satisfied.  The best part was that it cooked up really fast and after getting back late last night and working at full speed all day, I wanted something quick that would leave me the majority of the evening to relax (and blog, of course).  Not too shabby for only having been back 20 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails