Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

VICTORious

My co-workers and I are stupid.  I say this because for years we've been staring at Victor's Cafe and not once had we ventured there for lunch until last Monday.  When I think of all the amazing Cuban food I have missed out on, I am ashamed.

We started with the massive sampler platter.  It had fritters, yuca fries, plantains, and more.  We also ordered extra tostones and maduros.  By the time my entree came, I was already stuffed from all the appetizers, but the sauce that came on my jumbo shrimp and sweet white potato mash was just so good for dipping that I couldn't stop eating.  Next time, I'll have to remember that the appetizers were by far my favorite part.

There are not too many Cuban restaurants in the city so I am very happy that a good one is right next door to the office.  If you just want a cheap Cuban sandwich, this isn't the place; but if you're looking for solid Cuban food with a little extra refinement, this is a good place to go.  I won't make the mistake of overlooking it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails