Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tangled Up in Me

Call me a snob, but I'm rarely in the Upper West Side - UES all the way for me.  Last night, however, was an exception as I went up to 81st and Amsterdam to meet Jared for a glass of wine.  Typically, I wouldn't be so accommodating, but Jared's a newbie to the city so I figured I would make things a little easier for him.

There's a nice little strip of bars in the 80s and Amsterdam; but if you're over Gin Mill and Brother Jimmy's, The Tangled Vine is a great alternative.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Gin Mill, but every once in a while I like something a little calmer and a tad less "just out of college".  The crowd is a mix of young and old, funky and conservative.  There's a great wine list as well as a food menu filled with the kind of apps you want with a glass of vino (aka: crostini, cheese, etc.).

To be honest, I'm not sure when I'll next head to the UWS, but it's nice to have this place in my back pocket when someone drags me over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails