Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unanswered Questions: Gossip Girl Recap - 5/16/11 Episode

Though entirely unbelievable, the GG finale was not too bad.  Since I'm so behind in my blogging, I'm getting right to it:

  • Why is Eric the only one who recognizes just how ludicrous this show can be?  "Just tell me nobody's trying to stop a wedding or a ponzi scheme, give anybody cancer, or turn into a justifiable vengeful townie."  Nobody else seems phased by this.
  • Was that the actual GG book author that Headmistress Queller was introducing to Serena?!  Seems like a hail mary when they know the show is on its last leg.
  • Georgina was almost likeable.  Is this possible or is everyone else getting that annoying?
  • How did it take Vanessa this long to realize that Dan always wanted to be in the in crowd?  Everyone else realized it in the first episode. 
  • Why did Dan not try a little harder to protect anybody's identity?  Sabrina?  That's not fooling anyone.
  • Vanessa lectures Dan about the UES crew's lack of values so her solution is to betray his trust, steal his novel, lie about it, and embezzle the money?
  • Serena texts Nate and Dan to meet her to apologize for not choosing either of them before.  Is it just me or after they arrive, does she still not choose either of them?
Not too bad overall.  Though I've had three weeks to think about it, I'm still not sure how I feel about Blair and Chuck vs. Blair and Louis.  Now that Little J and Vanessa are officially out of the cast and the plots have gone beyond crazy, I'm not sure what the future holds for our Upper East friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails