Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Supper

Even though last week was a short week because of Memorial Day, it was jam-packed with events and client meetings so when I got one night to myself, I needed to spend it at home, preparing a meal.

The meal started with a Summer corn salad that I made up while daydreaming at work.  I tossed together corn, radishes, ricotta salata, avocado, and a lemon vinaigrette.  It was fresh and seasonal and the ricotta salata set me on an Italian-style path.  For the starch, I roasted potatoes with rosemary and tossed with some truffle oil to give it a strong flavor without any effort.  For the main course, I picked up some Chilean sea bass but didn't have any Italian-ish marinade.  Thankfully, inspiration hit as I browsed the aisles of Whole Foods.  I went to the anipasto bar and grabbed some peppadew peppers, marinated artichokes, and some of the juice they were sitting in.  All I had to do when I got home was pour that over the fish and bake.  Healthy, delicious, and meal-theme-appropriate.

My meal came together so nicely that it made me forget how stressed the week had made me.  Everything tasted great - I would even use the corn salad over the fish (or chicken or portobella mushroom, or whatever other protein I use in my meal).  It just worked.  In fact, I am hereby recommending it for your next summer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails