Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Pitch and Fork

Major props for Lindsay who decided to host a birthday brunch with friends instead of trying to corral a big group for dinner and a bar night.  She chose neighborhood restaurant The Pitch and Fork for a casual afternoon affair after seeing a menu that included her favorite brunch item, eggs benedict, as well as the "Pitch Madness" special ($27 for an entrĂ©e + unlimited mimosas, bloodies, and champagne).

Most of the items were standard.  I've come to expect yogurt with granola and omelettes on brunch menus.  The shrimp and grits stood out as something different.  Usually that's not a good thing when you're not talking about a restaurant that specializes in Southern fare, but I was feeling adventurous so I threw caution to the wind and ordered it.  Worst case scenario: it's terrible and I focus on the unlimited mimosas.  How is that a "worst case"?  Sounds pretty delightful.  

My shrimp and grits, as it turns out, were also delightful.  They were served with asparagus and fava beans to give them a springtime flair.  And I always like my meals served with a side of flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails