Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

3 on Thursday

This past weekend finally showed us some warm weather and I can't help but get my hopes up that it will continue to feel like spring.
My friend Brian is full on amazing.  He has revitalized the under-served school system of New Orleans and just when you think he's done it all, he starts pretty much the coolest company ever.  Dinner Lab is a members only dining experience that introduces salivating foodies to new chefs through no frills dinner parties at locations that vary from lofts to warehouses.  No assigned seats.  No repeating venues.  This is going to be huge, people.  Check out this video to get a taste.
It's the little things that have been most frustrating to replace since having my purse stolen a few weeks ago.  One such item is my keychain.  The one I had was the perfect size and like much else I own, monogrammed.  My Mom was awesome enough to find the perfect replacement in my favorite colors of green and navy that suits me to a T.  Get it?  It's embroidered with a T.  

After almost six years in New York, I finally made it to the TriBeCa Film Festival and felt just as cultured as I had hoped.  I was lucky enough to receive all-access passes for Sunday the 28th, the last day of the fest and wanted to take full advantage.  I made sure to see a foreign film ("Just A Sigh" - kind of a disappointment with a couple storylines that went nowhere) because subtitles seemed like something I needed to do at an event like this.  I also saw "Prince Avalanche," a great character study starring Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch that I think will be huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails