Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Classic Wedge

Iceberg lettuce may be the most boring of them all, but cut a head of it in quarters and top it with tomatoes, crisp bacon, and homemade blue cheese dressing and it turns into something special.  I like to add thinly sliced radishes to mine after trying it on my favorite wedge at Flex Mussels.  Separately, these ingredients are just so so - and, yes, I'm including bacon in that statement; gasp all you want.  Together, this salad is a true classic.  

The secret's in the dressing.  I started with good blue cheese then added equal parts sour cream and buttermilk.  Chives, lemon juice, a dash of red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper round it out.  It's so easy to make I don't know why I had never done it before.  Now that I know, there's no turning back.  Wedge salads all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails