Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

3 on Thursday

I am so happy to have a short week this week as we head into Memorial Day weekend.  Today is my last day of work before a day of playtime around the city.  Then it's off to Savannah for 8 days of fun and relaxation with family and friends.
I recently prepared a sauce that requires you to deglaze the pan with a little wine.  I followed my Mom's rule of thumb when cooking with alcohol: one for the sauce, two for the chef.  I must admit, it made cooking even more fun.

I loved seeing a bundle of herbs instead of flowers on the tables at Pala.  Just as fragrant and more fitting for the rustic setting.

I finally went to Spin, the ping pong club owned by Susan Sarandon in the Kips Bay area.  Turns out they have great happy hour deals for both drinks and ping pong, which makes this a far more interesting after work activity than a bar night.  Side note: though it's a great activity for drinkers, it's a family friendly sport so I saw several father/son duos while we were there.  Every one of those 8-year-old boys was better at ping pong than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails