Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Street Fighter Sustenance


Last night, I went to one of my favorite gym classes, Street Fighter.  If that makes me sound like a badass, it’s only because I am one.  Anyway, because the class ended late and I knew I would have to make a stop to fill my empty fridge, I knew I would be eating a very late dinner so I needed it to be an easy one.

I was able to grab a variety of veggies from the bodega (squash, zucchini, broccoli, and bell peppers – basically, I made sure it was colorful).  I drizzled some olive oil and seasoning on top and roasted with a clove of garlic while the couscous did its thing in the rice cooker and I hopped in the shower.  By the time I was out of the shower and settled in comfy clothes, the veggies and couscous were both ready.  I took a couple of the roasted bell pepper pieces and the roasted garlic clove and put them in a blender with 0% Greek yogurt to make a nice little sauce. 

I was surprised how flavorful this dish was, considering how easy it was to prepare and how few ingredients I used.  I must admit, I added some goat cheese at the last minute.  I know that decreases the health factor slightly, but I figured I was entitled after my hard workout and otherwise healthy dish.  I took a pic of both versions.  Do with that what you will; but in my experience, there is nothing that isn't made better with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails