Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Modern PB&J

A couple weeks ago, I was watching one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, and was struck with inspiration.  In this particular episode, flamboyantly gay Cam is hijacking a middle school musical and his boyfriend, Mitchell, brings him a pb&j in an attempt to be supportive.  Of course, a crazy gay man won't eat peanut butter and jelly, and we soon learn the sandwich is actually pear, brie, and jambon.

I thought the sandwich sounded so delicious, so when I was at the Union Square Green Market yesterday, I picked up some fresh sourdough and the other ingredients to re-create the sandwich.  So simple and yet such a perfect meal.  Sweet, juicy, salty, creamy - all rolled into one.

It was so good, I made it again today.  Get on this one - you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails