Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: The Lonely Polygamist

This book was essentially Big Love in novel form.  That works for me because I am a Big Love fan...well I was while I still had HBO.  Being extremely intrigued by polygamous culture, I enjoyed reading the fictional account of a family straining to manage the inevitable stress that comes with being a part of such a large family.  As one of only two children, I never had to beg and plead for love and attention, but that is what every character in this book is doing.  Yes, you're talking about a man with four wives, but don't expect anything racy - it is more of a description of the day-to-day lives and emotions of a larger-than-normal family.  At 600 pages, it was not an incredibly quick read, but everything seemed to come together in the end.  I give it a 5.5 - 6 out of 10: interesting but didn't blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails