Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gleecap: Diva-meter - 12/7/10 Episode

I was surprisingly very happy with this week's episode of Glee.  I thought a Christmas episode would be too cheesy for my taste, but it was all warm and fuzzy with some funky Glee-ness mixed in.

  • The one rule for this episode was that every song had to be a Christmas song and somehow they made all of them seem plot-relevant.  I'm not sure how they managed to do that, but I think it's deserving of a +2.
  • When Emma sits down with Will in the teachers' lounge, he's eating a cookie...again.  Why is he always bringing a small ziplock baggy of cookies from home?  -1 because it gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason.
  • Other Asian's wish to Santa is for Channing Tatum to stop being in stuff.  +1 because I know this is a reference to Harry Shum Jr's role in Step Up 2: The Streets.
  • Kurt: "I'm in love with him and he's actually gay.  I call that progress."  So do we, Porcelain.  +1 for your realization that straight guys are not the best object for your affections.  
  • Sam worked so hard on that cord blood explanation.  I award it a +1 because it was just bizarre enough for me.
  • When the Glee club girls are going to chop off their hair, Santana explains, "Oh it's cool, most of this isn't mine anyway." +1 for this reminder that Santana is the ghetto one of the group.
  • Sue gives Mr. Shuster a razor - I think the ensuing hair joke was my own personal gift from Santa.  +2 
  • Rachel seems way too into Christmas for someone who is always talking about how she's a Jew.  -1
  • +1 for the Ricki Lake reference when Beiste is telling Brittany about a girl who put being husky to good use and why Santa can't help Artie walk.  I've missed Ricki.
  • My only regret about this episode is that "All I Want for Christmas" wasn't used.  -1 (I would have subtracted more, but I'm hoping the only reason they didn't use it is because they're saving it for next year).
Total: 6--> This week's episode is the diva equivalent of the Jonas brothers.  Squeaky clean guys that everyone can agree are fun for the whole family.  Perhaps I awarded extra points because I was in the Christmas spirit and because I may have gotten a little choked up when I saw the Christmas miracle of Artie walking.  In the end though, I was happy with the episode and am now super sad we have to wait through a break before the second half of the season begins.  I suppose reruns will have to hold me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails