Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blown Away

For the uninitiated, a blow out is when you go to the salon to get your hair washed, blown dry, and styled - no cut.  Apparently there's a ton of women in New York who do this - and not just for proms and weddings.  Enough people that there are several salons dedicated to the blow dry practice.  Last night, I went to one such establishment, Blow, to get my hair did.  It's a blow dry bar.  Seriously.  They have a whole task force of people employed there who do nothing by blow dry your hair.

I don't really get the point of doing this on a Monday night.  Why get my hair pumped full of hairspray just so I can go home, go to sleep, and wash it all out in the morning?  So, to make it worthwhile, we made sure to get a few drinks afterwards to show off our new 'dos.

While it may not be something you want to do on a random weeknight, I may be into it before big events.  I am not very talented with a hairdryer but by the time these ladies were done with my locks, I was looking all sorts of va va voom.  "Who's that movie star?" I asked as I looked in the mirror.  Oh!  It's me!  I could get used to this sort of pampering.

It'll cost you $40-$100 to get your hair blown dry, which seems steep next to the free ConAir I have stashed under my sink.  However, next time you have a big event to go to, save money on the dress.  Use something you already have in your closet and spend the money on some Serena Van der Woodsen hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails