Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowed In Success

It's a very good thing I stocked up at the grocery store yesterday because there was no way I was going to head out in the three feet of snow now covering New York City.  Since the almond pasta I wrote about in the previous post didn't turn out as perfectly as I had hoped, I thought it was time to try again.

When I was at Eataly yesterday, I picked up some fresh ravioli, filled with butternut squash and amaretto cookies.  I tossed it with cremini mushrooms and, instead of a sauce, browned some butter with cinnamon and nutmeg to compliment the sweet filling.  It can't all be sweet - this is lunch after all - so a little freshly grated parmesan on the top rounded out the dish.

The almond pasta was ok.  This was truly toothsome.  I'm glad the dish was successful because it is literally the only thing I did all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails