Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yo Mama

I have recently begun watching How I Met Your Mother via Netflix after hearing everyone in my pod (we don't say cubicles at my office - we're such trendsetters) sing its praises.  I was sick of feeling excluded from the inside joke as they laughed at specific scenes, so I decided it was time to jump on the bandwagon.  Given there are 5 seasons and I am only half-way through with Season 2, I have a long way to go, but here are my thoughts thus far:
  • I believe this 30 minute sitcom is far funnier without the commercials.  I'm not sure if the time-space continuum has anything to do with this phenomenon, but the one-liners become funnier when the show is crunched into a 22 minute format.
  • Alyson Hannigan is more than the naughty band geek from American Pie.  There was a time when I thought I'd never hear the end of "this one time at band camp", but she has managed to escape that role (surprising, considering the majority of her career is comprised of American Pie sequels).  However, the real star of the show is NPH.
  • Doogie Howser, MD is awesome.  Since the character basically says different variations of the same joke throughout every episode, one would think it would get old, but it doesn't.  As much as the mature 24 year-old in me hates to admit it, 14 year-old teenage boy humor is hilarious.
  • If, like me, you put off watching the show, I encourage you to give it a test drive.
Please feel free to post your best "Yo Mama" jokes in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails