Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to 2010!


We are only a few days into 2010 and it's already a good year.  I firmly believe this is because I rang in the new year by singing karaoke at Japas 27.  Karaoke is indubitably Japan's biggest contribution to pop culture.  I can think of nothing better than sharing a room and a bunch of pitchers with my best friends, singing the kind of monster ballads advertised in infomercials.  Follow that up by watching the ball drop from the top floor of a building on 42nd street and eating pizza.  Done.  There is no way 2010 can be bad when it begins like that.

If you have not embraced the karaoke phenomenon, I ask you where you live - under a rock?  Even if your city doesn't have special bars devoted to the practice of tearing apart songs, I'm pretty sure you can buy your very own machine at Radio Shack.  If, on the other hand, you do recognize the numerous benefits of embarrassing yourself in public to your own personally developed soundtrack, I suggest you consider this activity when planning your next new years bash.

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails