Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Soup for Haiti

I just picked up a great piece of news.  Since mobile cuisine has gained widespread popularity in NYC, as part of 2010 Winter Restaurant Week, the city has commissioned a Restaurant Week Truck, featuring daily soup selections from 24 Restaurant Week participants.  Week 1 just happens to be right next to my office (B'way between 50th and 51st), and since next week the truck will be parked too far from me (5th between 18th and 19th for the first half of the week and Greenwich between Warren and Murray for the second half), I plan on taking advantage of all the truck has to offer while I can.  How can I pass up gingered sweet potato and lobster bisque from The Sea Grill on Thursday?  Today I plan to grab some of City Crab's famous New England Clam Chowder.  Yum.

For only $6 including bread from Tom Cat Bakery, it is nearly impossibly to pass up.  This foodie event combines two of my favorite things: Restaurant Week and food from a truck/cart.  I have no problem eating something sold on the side of the road.  In fact, I believe it usually tastes better that way, and I have no problem eating street meat even when I'm not drunk.  But the best part is that $1 from each sale is donated to Haiti relief.  That kind of soup will warm your belly and your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails