Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

After a long work week, Friday night was time for the gals to let loose, so Steph, Nicole, and I met up for a little girls' night.  Steph picked the place, and I must give her props for her great restaurant choice, Akane.

Akane is a cute little sushi joint located on 39th between 2nd and 3rd.  Is it anything special?  Yes.  Akane doesn't stand out because the sushi is far superior (though it is very very tasty).  What makes Akane a great way to start any evening is the fact that it's BYO.  Combine that with the reasonable prices and you've got a place that screams to the ladies.  In fact, an approximate 75% of the restaurant patrons was comprised of groups of girls.  We each came armed with our own bottle of wine and then attacked the menu.  We were surprised to discover a list of inventive special rolls all $13 and under and happy to report that all apps and rolls were yummy.

It can be difficult to find BYO restaurants outside of the LES and even harder to unearth one that doesn't charge a corkage fee.  Akane solves both problems and does so with a very friendly wait staff.  Another great deal: during happy hour (which lasts until 10:30 PM), Akane offers free sake with a $15 food purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out with my girls at fun restaurants, but I really love being able to do so without emptying my wallet.  Akane was a pleasant surprise and a return trip with my best gal pals  is already on my To Do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails