Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hummus Kitchen in Hell's Kitchen

Typically, I bring my lunch to work, but yesterday I was meeting a friend so I ventured out of the office.  Lindsay was in the mood for falafel, and I didn't think I knew of any place nearby that could satisfy her craving so we decided to walk until we saw something good.  A half-block into our walk, we were surprised to find Hummus Kitchen.

Lindsay and I both ordered the falafel laffa, which is a wrap filled with falafel, hummus, chopped salad, pickles, and tahini.  For only $1 more, you could add any appetizer, so I chose the burekas (one potato, one mushroom) and Lindsay got the cous cous.  The wrap was sufficiently large and I probably didn't need the appetizer, but I couldn't pass up a deal like that (the appetizers are usually $4 each).  I'm not one to drink on the job, but it also looked like there were some pretty sweet drink deals.

I was happy to satisfy Lindsay's yen for falafel and to discover a new restaurant near my office.  The food was good enough for me to decide that Hummus Kitchen will be added to the lunch rotation on the rare occasions that I don't bring from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails