Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Snickity Snack: Pita with Yogurt and Radishes

If I'm just snacking, I like to use pita bread (instead of flatbread because this is healthier, especially if you use whole wheat pita) to make a little open faced sandwich.  When you split the pita in half (basically, just take the hole and open it further til you have two rounds) it's just filling enough to keep you from gnawing your arm off but not so filling that it'll ruin your supper.

Once I halve my thin pita, I drizzle it with olive oil.  Side note: do you notice how I'm talking like I've made this snack oh so many times?  Well I haven't.  I just made it up.  I thought I could pull a fast one on you but then I felt guilty.  Anyway, after it has the oil drizzle, I put it in the oven for a couple minutes to crisp it up a bit.  Once it's out of the oven, I top it with Greek yogurt, sliced radishes, and sea salt.  It's kind of a new take on the whole radishes with butter and salt thing just far more satisfying thanks to a wee bit of carbs.  It's just way healthier.  Like 40 total calories or something crazy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails