Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Corn Salad with Cheddar and Tomato

I keep seeing recipes for corn on the cob that's been grilled and topped with fun ingredients like seasoned butter, mayo, and cotija cheese.  Such a fun summer treat, right?  Well here's the problem with that: I live in NYC so it is significantly more difficult to find a grill to make a recipe like this.  Also, as much as it's a common street fair item, I don't really want to pick corn kernals out of my teeth in front of a bunch of people, nor do I find a giant corn on the cob conducive to eating while walking.

This salad is the perfect solution, especially when made with extra sharp white cheddar as I chose to do.  When the corn is paired with other bright flavors like fresh tomato, lemon, and chives it feels very summer-y.  And since it's served room temp (instead of hot like those street fair cobs) I think it almost feels more like a summer dish.  When it's blazing hot outside I don't need hot veggies, I want cool cool cool.  This is also a great dish to prep in advance so it was perfect to bring to my book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails