Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

3 on Thursday

I'm in a stupendous mood today!  Why, you ask?  Because my Mom is coming tonight, that's why!  When she found a super cheap flight a year ago, she booked a solo trip on a whim (much to my Daddy's chagrin who was feeling very left out).  We had so much fun last time that she decided to do it again this summer.  I can't wait for two full days around the city with her!
Background: sunset view from Anthony's Ocean View, the venue for a wedding I attended over the weekend.

  1. Everyone's got World Cup fever!  One reason Albert and I were so drawn to Pinches Tacos last week was the tv they set up outside so nobody had to miss soccer for something as silly as eating.
  2. I'm a fan of micheladas (basically a bloody mary with beer) so I liked finding the canned version.  Albert made a face after tasting it, but I liked it...even if it was just a wee bit trashy.
  3. I'm hesitant to share this next tip with you, but I don't think it would be fair to keep this information to myself.  Thanks to the EW Must List, I recently discovered a new app called Today Tix.  Basically, it's like the TKTS line for day-of or week-of Broadway tickets...except way cheaper.  The best part is that you don't have to go anywhere to pick them up.  The concierge will meet you in front of the theater with your tickets before the show.  Now there's no reason to relegate Broadway to the group of activities reserved for parental visits, special occasions, or tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails