Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Blue Moose

My love for moose (mooses? meeses? mice?) is family legend that is revisited each time we go skiing out West, aka Moose Country.  After saying for years that we needed to have breakfast at The Blue Moose in Breckenridge, we finally gave it a try before heading back to the East Coast.

Honestly, I would have been happy to eat here just for the name, but they do the kind of hearty breakfast that will start your day off on the right ski.  There is a pretty extensive menu of eggs done every which way along with pancakes, french toast, and a massive sticky bun.  As a savory breakfast fan, I went with Marie's Special, sauteed veggies (spinach, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, broccoli) topped with two over easy eggs and a little cheese.  I added avocado because eggs + avocado is one of my new favorite combos.

There's enough variety on the menu to intrigue every member of the family and they are eager to top off your coffee mug - one of those little things that always makes me happy.  I recommend going on the earlier side because this is one of those places everyone tries to hit up before hopping on the gondola because it's one of the best places to fuel up for a day on the mountain (or in our case, at the airport).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails