Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

3 on Thursday

I may be terrible at normal sports, but I excel at skiing.  The fact that neither my body nor an instrument needs to make contact with any sort of ball means I actually have a fighting chance at doing well.  This year I skied better than ever before.  I dominated the moguls and had both speed and control as I zipped down the mountain.  Yes, I'm bragging.  But it's only because it felt so good to recognize that my body was doing exactly what I wanted it to do.  So yes, this week's "3 on Thursday" is all about skiing, but instead of boring you any longer with my prowess on a pair of Rossignols, I'm going to focus on a few moments that made this year's family trip special:

I hate to laugh at anyone's misfortune, but watching my father struggle to get up after falling was hilarious.  If I had only managed to reach my camera about two seconds earlier, I could have snapped a pic with his legs in the air, pointing in completely opposite directions.  Thankfully, this wasn't a bad spill - it was what my family calls "a timber."  Basically, my Daddy was practically standing still when...timberrrrrrrrr.

While Daddy's fall was funny, Allison's was not.  Allison fell during what was basically the first run of the trip and broke her wrist (her left wrist, no less (she's a lefty)).  I hated that it meant Allison couldn't join us on the mountain for the rest of the trip, but she was definitely a trooper.  After falling, she hopped back up on her snowboard and boarded herself down to first aid - all without crying.

One of my favorite parts of the sport of skiing is the hot toddies.  This was a s'mores drink made with marshmallow vodka, hot chocolate, and a graham cracker rim.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails