Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Zucchini with Lemon Dill Sauce

I love using fresh herbs in my cooking. They give crazy amazing flavor without adding to the calorie count. The only problem is I can never use them all up before they go bad. I'm trying to fix that lil problemo of mine so I've been incorporating the fresh dill I bought on Monday into as many dishes as possible. Last night it was used in a side dish and I couldn't have been happier with the results. I like sautéed zucchini fine enough but usually feel like it needs a bunch of cheese to really satisfy me. Coating it with cheese, however, won't help me on my quest to lose those last couple of pesky pounds so I sought out other sources of flavor.

I mixed some greek yogurt with lemon, salt, pepper, and fresh dill and spooned the sauced over the zucchini. It was exactly what I was looking for. My zucchini no longer tasted all boring, but I didn't have to tap into the queso to make it feel like it was worth eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails