Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

3 on Thursday

Today, the annual Konter family ski vacation comes to an end.  I'm sad to part with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law, but at least I have New Years festivities to look forward to!
I was so excited when Steph finally got back from her honeymoon.  Two weeks without that lil lady was too long for me.  I have since placed an interdiction on long vacations sans moi.  Anyway, once she returned, I immediately headed to Hoboken for a little playtime with her and Gav.  The PATH is still down due to complications from Hurricane Sandy, so I took the Ferry.  At $9 each way, it's a more expensive method of traveling, but it was nice to do something different.  Plus, I love standing on a dock, looking out at the water.

Excuse the non-manicured nails, but I wanted to show off my latest jewelry purchase.  When I received a gift card to Henri Bendel, the luxury accessory store, I went a little crazy.  My favorite of all my purchases, however, was probably this thumb ring.  I was inspired once again by Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere, who often wears a very thin gold band on her thumb.  I love how dainty it looks and as someone who doesn't wear a ton of jewelry, I feel like it instantly makes me feel put together.  Considering I've worn it almost every day since buying it, I'd say it was more than worth the $28 I spent.  It's also proof that you can find some great pieces at affordable prices at Benel's - don't just write it off as a too-expensive 5th Avenue store for the well-to-do!

On a recent 3 on Thursday post, I reported joining tumblr.  In addition to having another creative outlet, I've loved discovering fun new blogs.  One such new fave is Garfield Minus Garfield, which removes Garfield from the comics, leaving you with a lone John Arbuckle.  The blog exposes our favorite cat owner's existential tendencies as he comes closer and closer to a nervous breakdown.  How do people think of these things?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails