Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Curry Chicken Fingers

I have been in a bit of a funk when it comes to cooking lately.  Even easy recipes seem too time consuming or ingredient-heavy and I just end up making boring basics or something from the frozen section of Trader Joe's.  This weekend, I decided it was time to get myself out of my supper slump, but I needed to prepare myself because going to the grocery store without a plan clearly hadn't been working for me.  I pulled several cookbooks off the shelf and started menu planning, focusing my attention on the cookbooks labeled "quick and easy" so I could ease myself back into the whole cooking thing.

Wednesday night's recipe was curry chicken fingers that I made by dredging strips of chicken in egg and then in a mixture of panko bread crumbs, curry powder, and cayenne.  I would like to say I baked them because it was healthier, but the real reason is because I didn't want my apartment smelling like curry for days if I had done it on the stove top.  I always eat chicken fingers with honey mustard, but since these were curry chicken fingers, they required a different dip treatment.  I mixed greek yogurt with cucumber and scallions and it was the perfect soothing accompaniment.  I'm more of a savory gal, but if you're a fan of the fruity, I'm sure you could mix the yogurt with some chutney for a dip that's cooling and sweet.  I had gotten b-o-r-e-d with chicken lately and this was a great way to change it up a bit without adding any extra steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails