Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Northern Spy Food Co.

One restaurant that Lindsay and I both had on our list was Northern Spy Food Co.  For a menu full of local and seasonal ingredients, you would think the prices would be steep, but everything is about $15.  Everyone has been saying they have a killer brunch; and if everyone is saying it, it must be true.

I started with a bloody mary.  I am particular about these.  I like them spicy, but i don't like sucking a bunch of huge horseradish pieces up my straw (such a diva, know).  This one was wonderful.  I think the sake and piri piri juice gave it just the right flavor.  They also topped it with a pickled green been - much better than celery in my humble opinion.  It still doesn't top the bloodies at Prune (no one can), but it's dang good.

Lindsay and I split a side of the pork sticky rolls.  I had assumed this would be like a pork bun, but the waitress described it as a sticky bun (the cinnamon kind) except filled with pork instead of cinnamon.  In lieu of icing, it is topped with a dijon glaze.  If Cinnabon added this to their menu, I would have an excuse to go to the mall.

For my entree, I had the kale salad with parmesan and summer squash, topped with two baked eggs.  It was almost like a kale caesar salad.  Maybe I'm deceiving myself because it wasn't carb or bacon/sausage heavy, but it seemed healthy.  Could it be?  It tasted too good to really be healthy, but it wasn't a mound of french toast so I'll stick to the not-bad-for-you story.

And if it's not bad for you, I have an extra excuse to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails