Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Ruay Thai

When you move into a new place in NYC, the first order of business is not getting the counters scrubbed or furniture arranged.  It's establishing your go-to take-out restaurants.  Like in high school, it's important to formulate your clique right away or you risk falling in with the wrong crowd.

One of my favorite take-out cuisines is Thai and I may have settled on Ruay Thai as my neighborhood fave.  My order is always pad see ew + some sort of appetizer.  Ruay has a nice list of apps, including crab rangoons, dumplings, and one I find particularly interesting, the summer roll.  The summer roll is rice paper filled with cucumber, carrots, scallion, basil, and avocado and comes with a spicy mayo dipping sauce.  It's becoming a favorite in the warm months and I like that it doesn't add extra weight to the heavy noodle and rice dishes that you'll order as a main course.

I've ordered from Ruay enough that I think I can officially commit to it as my Thai take-out restaurant.  Now I just need to pick my favorite delivery places for all the other cuisines and then I can get to all that other move-in stuff, like unpacking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails