Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Lobster Slaw Sandwich

I decided to pick up some lobster meat on the way home because I was getting home late and was sick of takeout so I needed something quick and easy.  Who am I kidding?  I was just looking for an excuse to make something with lobster.  I thought I was in luck and the lobster was on sale...unfortunately, I didn't realize until the cashier rung me up that I read the sign wrong and my lobster was actually quite pricey.  Too late!  Once I spent more than I originally bargained for, I needed to think of a way to stretch the meal and make the most of my expensive purchase.

To make the lobster go further, I kept it in large chunks and mixed it with broccoli slaw, a little mayo, lemon, salt, pepper, and a little Asian chili oil.  Served just like that as a salad is great, but I piled it into a hamburger bun and found it made a great sandwich.  The picture is a little deceiving - it really was more lobster than slaw.  It's not supposed to be a lobster roll but if it was, it would be a pretty good version.  Plus, a lobster roll will run you about $14 each, but this works out to about $10 per sandwich so I can feel better about splurging on the expensive meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails