Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 on Thursday

Today is my last day in the office until Tuesday thanks to the glorious long Labor Day weekend.  Many of you think of Labor Day weekend as the last official days of Summer.  I think of it as the first official days of football season.  Different strokes.
I love when Sarah comes into town because it means I get to see Broadway shows.  I see shows on a somewhat frequent basis, but not nearly as often as I did when Sarah lived here.  She was my go-to Broadway bud and it's just not the same without her.  The moment she started planning her annual visit, I started looking at shows.  Newsies is one of the latest big bets and Sarah is a Disney freak so it was a no-brainer.  The show was great but very "Disney".  The book was just so-so and I sometimes found myself wishing they would just stop talking and get back to having 20 really talented, short, gay 20 somethings dance and sing.  Thankfully, the dancing/singing portion of the show was the larger one so I was completely satisfied.
Matt and Karina made me feel as special as special can be when they invited me to their rehearsal dinner tasting.  As a lover of both food and event planning, getting to taste a full menu while imagining how it plays into a celebration is heaven for me.  The rehearsal dinner will be at Hill Country and the staff stuffed us so full of BBQ and country style sides that I couldn't eat for the next 24 hours.  I won't divulge the final menu but it's going to be a great way to kick off the wedding weekend.
Karina's mother and sister threw her a fabulous bridal shower, complete with personalized silk fans, customized wine bottle favors, and a full spread of Puerto Rican food.  Karina sat in her ratan throne like a queen as we played games and gifted her with kitchenware.  Though the wedding will be a raucous affair, we made sure this was nice and girly because sometimes you just need to indulge your inner MRS. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails