Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

I don't like fruit, nuts, or celery in my chicken salad so I'm pretty limited.  Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy just mixing my rotisserie chicken (with it's crispy skin and spices) with mayo and calling it a day; however, sometimes you want something a little more exciting.  I had to get creative since all the typical chicken salad add-ons were on my "do not use" list, but then I remembered the golden rule of cooking: bacon makes everything better!

I crisped up bacon in the oven while I chopped chicken and dill.  Once the bacon was ready to go, I mixed it all with mayo.  I topped it with tomato, avocado, and fresh spinach to make a beautiful sandwich.  The key is to make sure the bacon is nice and crispy so even after it's been chillin with mayo in your office fridge, you still get the crunch all those other people achieve with their nuts and celery.  Who wants grapes in your chicken salad when you can have bacon?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails