Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

3 on Thursday

My busy season at work has begun so I've been getting to work extra early, leaving little time for fun.  It's times like this that it's most important to pick out those few things to take the days from gray to golden.
This is a view of the inside of my apartment.  If it looks like those boxes reach the ceiling, it's because they do.  Believe it or not, a day after I took this picture 5 more huge boxes were delivered.  There is a slender path that leads from my front door to my bed to keep me from getting swallowed up by the forest of cardboard.  It's a little crazy, but I love the sight of all these packages.  It means renovations are about to begin and my furniture is arriving so the decorating can get underway as well.  

This week, Yahoo came to the office to talk about all the fun new stuff they've got going on (my personal favorite being the Bachelor spoof "Burning Love").  It may have been a business presentation, but Yahoo set up a few fun booths in the adjacent room to perk up the afternoon.  I made a beeline for the People's Pops stand, but while I was waiting for my watermelon shaved ice I was drawn to the oxygen bar.  Oxygen bars were très chic several years ago but as I'm sure you can guess, the trend didn't make it to Savannah, GA.  I tried several different "flavors" of air through a little nose plug (don't worry, we each got our own disposable one) like eucalyptus, lavendar, and lemongrass.  Each is supposed to have their own effect ranging from appetite suppressant to memory aide.  I'm not sure whether or not I was any more invigorated after sniffing through a straw, but I'm positive I looked ridiculous.     
Some clever gal has been finding books their bathing suit soul mates on Matchbook.  Some of the pairings are really quite perfect and it makes reading seem even more fashionable.  As someone who will never be seen laying out without a good book to keep me entertained, I should probably start matching my bikini to my reading material.  Just one more excuse to go shopping... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails