Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

3 on Thursday

I bookended one very busy Saturday with two very lazy days and to me, that was the perfect weekend. The rest of my week was work work work, which is why having a perfect weekend was pretty important.
Jill came to NYC for a quick weekend visit and I met up with her and all her college friends for several hours of drinking at Blockheads.  They were already a couple drinks in by the time I arrived and instructed me to order a Bulldog, which is some sort of frozen alcoholic beverage + a Coronita.  I went with the Pink Bulldog: frozen pink lemonade with vodka and the Coronita.  I was leery of the combination, too, but this is a perfectly conceived drink.  The beer cuts the sweetness a bit and adds some carbonation.  Why have I not been doing this before?!  Thankfully, it's easy enough to re-create for Summer soirees.

This week I received a coupon for Love Is Art.  What a lovely sentiment.  Love is art.  In this case, however, love is apparently down and dirty sex.  Basically, this company mails you a kit that contains a plastic sheet to protect your floors, canvas, and paint.  You're supposed to pour the paint in the middle of the canvas and then do the nasty right there.  Your horizontal mambo will then produce a piece of art to grace your home and make one helluva conversation starter. 
Summer Streets is back!  For three Saturdays in August, Park Avenue shuts down to traffic between 7 AM and 1 PM so New Yorkers can run, walk, bike, or even dance right down the beautiful street.  It's just one of those great things the city does to keep its residents happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails