Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Little Sushi with Your Swisher?

A distinction: I am NOT a Yankee, but I am now a Yankees fan.  I attended Yankees games on both Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.  On Thursday, I was in the nosebleed section while on Saturday, I enjoyed cushy seats and waitress service from the 9th row behind 3rd base.  Different views, same great baseball experience. 

While I wanted to watch the action on the field, my main concern was completing the research necessary to perform a comprehensive food comparison between Yankee Stadium and Citi Field.  I think Citi Field wins overall, thanks to Shake Shack, but I was intrigued by one thing at Yankee Stadium: sushi.

At a sporting event, I want game food.  The act of balancing a basket of greasy food on your lap while still trying to stand and cheer for an amazing play is almost a sport of its own.  Sushi is awkward and requires too much coordination.  Who wants to weild chopsticks at a baseball game?  Instead, over the course of two games, I opted for Carl's Cheesesteaks, Nathan's cheese fries, a Lobel's roast beef sandwich, and of course the very reasonably priced $5 bottle of water.

(In case you didn't get the reference in the post title, Swisher is a player for the Yankees.)
Prepping my Lobel's

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails