Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Bacon Makes Everything Better

Wowee zowee, this is my 100th post.  In honor of this auspicious occasion, I knew this blog entry would have to be a doozie, and what better subject than BACON. 

Yesterday was Sunday Funday, so Dave and I headed to Brooklyn to check out Matt and Jen's new digs.  That was not a typo - I actually hopped on the L and went to Brooklyn yesterday.  I don't think I'm quite cool enough to be in Williamsburg full time (read: I don't look like a Jonas Brother), but after 3 years in NYC, I figured it was time to give the BK a chance.  Turns out, there are some pretty cool things in Williamsburg.  Matt and Jen have an amazing apartment and happen to live next to 2 check-out worthy (and cheap) places:
  1. Carmines pizza - delish.  I had one with chicken and bacon.  Bacon on pizza is a wonderful idea.  I also spied one that was comprised of a chicken ceasar salad on top of the slice.  Interesting...
  2. Uncle Louie G's Italian Ice - TONS of flavors; and now that I am the proud owner of a loyalty card, I intend to try them all.  Thus far, black raspberry proved to be pretty solid.
But don't think the bacon stopped at the pizza.  What's Sunday Funday without brunch drinks?  Sunday Borningday.  Mimosas and bloodies were the perfect accompaniment to our steak and eggs, but the kicker was the vodka.  BACON VODKA.  I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone infused the nectar of the gods with the best meat around.  It added a little something extra to the bloody marys.  At only $30 a bottle, this is cheap (and yummy) enough to keep in your freezer for on-going brunch occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails