Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finding Nemo

At about 5 PM today, I got a yen for fish tacos.  Not sure why I suddenly craved the West Coast specialty, but I was hungry and it was pretty much all I could think about.  My stomach led me to the nearest Whole Foods so I could pick up all the ingredients.  Since it was my first attempt at fish tacos, I enlisted the help of the perky man at the seafood counter who helped me choose the appropriate scaly friend.  With his assistance, Nemo made it on my plate by 8 PM.

After spending my entire San Diego/LA trip trying to track down the best fish tacos in SoCal, I can now say that the best fish tacos can be found Chez Tess.  I topped my grilled swordfish with a homemade chili-lime slaw, pico de gallo, and avocado.  It was delicious!  But more importantly, it satisfied my craving and took no time to make.  On the side, I ate beets with mangoes in a cilantro raspberry vinaigrette, courtesy of the Whole Foods prepared foods section.  And now for the perfect end to the meal, I'll be eating Haagen-Dazs' Creme Brulee ice cream (complete with swirl of caramelized sugar)...straight from the pint of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails